Reports to: Claims Manager
Mobility Claims Group, LLC, a Risk Point company, is an industry claims services leader, providing custom tailored Third-Party Administration (TPA) programs to clients. Our Dallas based, national program is fast paced and growing.
Under moderate supervision, this position typically handles 1st party Damages to Auto Dealer’s Inventory as well as other first party auto damage claims, from the first notice of loss through resolution/settlement and payment process. Provides quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle while maintaining compliance with internal and external quality standards and state specific regulations.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly handle assigned claims.
- Provide quality customer service and ensure file quality, timely coverage analysis and communication with insured based on application of policy information to facts or allegations of each case.
- Consult with Manager on use of Claim Coverage Counsel as needed.
- Directly investigate each claim through prompt contact with appropriate parties such as policyholders, accounts, law enforcement agencies, witnesses, agents, and technical experts to determine the extent of damages, and contribution potential.
- Interview witnesses, and take necessary statements, as appropriate.
- Oversee outside investigation as needed per case specifics.
- Actively engage in the identification, selection and direction of appropriate resources for specific activities required to effectively evaluate claims, such as subrogation, risk management, and fire or fraud investigators, and other experts.
- Verify the nature and extent of property damage by obtaining and reviewing appropriate records and damages documentation.
- Maintain claim files and document claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Utilize evaluation documentation tools in accordance with department guidelines. Utilize diary management system to ensure that all claims are handled timely.
- At required time intervals, evaluate damage exposure.
- Establish and maintain proper indemnity & expense reserves.
- Share experience and knowledge of creative resolution techniques to improve the claim results of others.
- Apply established file management protocols and metrics to all claims; document the rationale for any departure from applicable protocols and metrics with or without assistance.
- Develop and employ creative resolution strategies.
- Responsible for prompt and proper disposition of all claims within delegated authority.
- Negotiate disposition of claims with insureds or their legal representatives.
- Recognize and implement alternate means of resolution.
- Track and control legal expenses to assure cost-effective resolution.
- Effectively and efficiently manage loss adjustment expenses.
- Update appropriate parties as needed, providing new facts as they become available, and their impact upon the claim settlement options.
- Appropriately deal with information that is considered personal and confidential.
- Represent the company as a technical resource, act within established professional guidelines as well as applicable state laws.
- Actively provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced claim professionals to increase the technical expertise and improve bench strength.
- Share accountability with business partners to achieve and sustain quality results.
- Evaluate all claims for recovery potential; directly handle recovery efforts and/or engage and direct resources for recovery efforts.
- 5 plus years of Auto Physical Damage claims experience
- Commercial auto experience
- Understanding of franchised auto dealer operations
- High level of organization skills
- Ability to provide high level of customer experience
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely with others
- Requires high level of detail
- Proficient in Excel and Word